The Architectural Control Committee is composed of qualified volunteer homeowners who are appointed by the Board, and who are charged with reviewing homeowner submittals to the ACC for approval of their proposed construction or modifications to existing structures or properties. The committee considers the architectural controls in the CC&R’s and other governing documents of the association, and regulations of local governmental authorities.
ACC meets on regularly scheduled meeting dates, currently once a month through winter and every two weeks spring through fall. The general purpose of the architectural committee is to ensure compliance with aesthetic standards established by the association. In the townhome subdivisions, the architectural committee is primarily focused on external improvements that impact the common areas such as window replacement, balcony and patio issues. Landscape projects are also reviewed. Within the single family home subdivisions, the committee is primarily concerned with exterior aesthetics, landscaping & fencing, building and dock modifications, roofing, driveways and similar issues.
The committee after review, votes on its recommendation to the ACC Staff.
NO CONSTRUCTION SHALL COMMENCE WITHIN THE TAHOE KEYS WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE. ANY WORK STARTED WITHOUT THE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE'S APPROVAL WILL HAVE A "STOP WORK ORDER" POSTED ON THE SITE AND NO WORK SHALL COMMENCE OR CONTINUE UNDER SUCH POSTING. SHOULD THIS OCCUR, A FINE WILL BE IMPOSED, AN APPLICATION WITH REVIEWS FEES PAID AND MUST THEN BE SUBMITTED TO THE COMMITTEE FOR APPROVAL BEFORE WORK CAN COMMENCE AGAIN.
You can find the necessary forms and instructions in the DOCUMENTS section or by clicking one of the shortcuts to the right. You will need to be logged in to be able to access some of the documents
The Architectural Control Committee typically meets every other Monday at 9:00 am. See the calendar for more details. Any property owner or its legal representative may appear before the committee.
TKPOA Architectural Control Committee Meeting Protocol
The ACC Committee desires to make our meetings more efficient and ensure that every member, at the appropriate times in the meetings, has an equal opportunity to share their comments. To that end, we are publishing our meeting procedures which will result in more professional, organized meetings.
- ACC meetings are the time at which the committee conducts its business.
- Speakers must be TKPOA members in good standing.
- Each speaker will be allowed to speak for a reasonable time, only on topic and only until repetition occurs.
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak one time per project.
- Civility is required at all times.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. (Inappropriate behavior would include, but not be limited to: treating others disrespectfully or in any uncivilized manner, speaking without be given the floor, refusing to stay on topic or generally failing to adhere to meeting protocol)
- Anyone exhibiting abusive or objectionable behavior will be asked to leave. If the person refuses to comply, recess will be called by the chair and assistance for removal will be requested.
- The Committee will conduct deliberations after listening to all property owners. Audience participation during committee deliberation will not be permitted.
- The ACC posts their meeting agendas at 9 AM on the Thursday prior to their regularly scheduled meetings. Architectural Control applications must be submitted to the Architectural Control Department by noon the Wednesday prior to the regularly scheduled ACC meeting in order to be included on the agenda. Applications received after the noon deadline will be added to the agenda of the following regularly scheduled meeting. Final ACC packets will be distributed Friday for ACC committee review.