The purpose of the Water Quality Committee is to assist the Board in monitoring and maintaining water quality within the Tahoe Keys Lagoons. The Committee is currently focused on a three year effort to obtain permits needed to implement effective long-term strategies to control Nuisance Aquatic Weeds. In addition the Committee assists in the administration of the water quality permit for the Tahoe Keys Lagoons and it provides input on the Water Quality Department.
The Water Quality Committee is required by the Bylaws to have at least three members that, if possible, have unique knowledge and/or expertise with respect to the engineering, hydrology and water quality issues that are of concern to the Association.
You can find the necessary forms and instructions in the DOCUMENTS section or by clicking one of the shortcuts to the right. You will need to be logged in to access the documents
The Water Quality Committee meets monthly. See the calendar for more details. Any property owner or its legal representative may appear before the committee.
TKPOA Water Quality Committee Meetings Protocol
The Water Quality Committee desires to make our meetings more efficient and ensure that every member, at the appropriate times in the meetings, has an equal opportunity to share their comments. To that end, we are publishing our meeting procedures which will result in more professional, organized meetings.
- Water Quality Committee meetings are the time at which the committee conducts its business.
- Speakers must be TKPOA members in good standing.
- Each speaker will be allowed to speak for a reasonable time, only on topic and only until repetition occurs.
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak one time per project.
- Civility is required at all times.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. (Inappropriate behavior would include, but not be limited to: treating others disrespectfully or in any uncivilized manner, speaking without be given the floor, refusing to stay on topic or generally failing to adhere to meeting protocol)
- Anyone exhibiting abusive or objectionable behavior will be asked to leave. If the person refuses to comply, recess will be called by the chair and assistance for removal will be requested.
- The Committee will conduct deliberations after listening to all property owners. Audience participation during committee deliberation will not be permitted.
- Meeting agendas will be posted 7 days prior to the next scheduled Water Quality Committee meeting.